SLIDE1

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Review: Eskinol

Today's review would also be a recommendation. 
However, you should always consult your doctors/dermatologist before purchasing any of these products! And I cannot stress enough that, what works on my skin, does not necessary mean that it will work on yours. It did not work on my brother and a couple of my friends.

When I became a teenager, I started having really bad breakouts and I didn't like it at all. I mean, who likes their face to have pimples all around their face? I'm sure we all want to have smooth skins. I thought of doing this review during exam period since that's when we all have the most breakouts! All the stress, lack of sleep and the junk food that we consume. I'm not gonna lie, my skin became so terrible during that period and it is still recovering. 

My mum and dad recommended me this product and it worked really good for me. This product is very very popular and I say this because when I was working in my parent's pharmacists, I see a lot of people purchasing them. What this cleanser do is basically remove the dirt from your skin and refreshes it. When I was younger, I would use this cleanser before sleep and I noticed that the cotton pad turned brown. Haha, I was so shocked to see the amount of dirt on my face. Nowadays, I would wash my face followed by my usual night skincare routine.


Product Information:
Product Brand: Sara Lee (Household and Body Care)
Product Name: Eskinol Naturals Facial Cleanser
Types: Lemon, Cucumber, Avocado and Calamansi
Made In: Philippines
Size: 75 mL, 225 mL

Just to clarify, there are also a wide variety of types and sizes that you can purchase in your pharmacy. I've only stated the types and sizes that I have. Each types have different functions.

Lemon: Helps prevent pimples.
Cucumber: Refreshes and help prevent pimples.
Avocado: Moisturizes skin.
Calamansi: Helps whiten skin and prevent pimples.

Can you guess which one is my favourite?
It's the Lemon Facial Cleanser. Most of the time, I use the Lemon and Cucumber and Facial Cleanser.

How to use?
I usually use it after washing my face and then follow on with my daily skin care routine. I pour adequate amount onto a cotton pad and wipe it around my face and neck. It makes your skin feels very refreshed especially the cucumber facial cleanser.

Most of the time, I would add medication into the cleanser to help with my pimples.

This medication is called Dalacin C and it is a prescription medication. You have to visit your doctor/dermatologist in order to purchase this medication. (Studying pharmacy is getting into me. Haha). FYI, this medication is also taken orally.

What do I think?
Likes:
  • Eskinol is very cheap and effective.
  • It works really well for me. Sometimes, I would soak a cotton pad with the cleanser and place it on my pimple for about 10 minutes.
  • It removes excess dirt and makeup and keeps your skin clean.
  • It is very easy to use - it's just one extra step in your daily skincare routine. 
  • Available everywhere (in East Malaysia, not too sure in West Malaysia).
  • They come in a wide variety of types that would suit you.
  • Eskinol also come in different sizes which means it can be suitable to bring around when travelling.

Dislikes:
  • I could tolerate the smell of the cleanser now, however, some people would complain about the sharp scent since it contains denatured alcohol.
  • Like I've said, it does not work for everyone.
  • Not available worldwide. I've never seen this product in Brisbane (Australia) before.
  • You would need prescription for Dalacin C, so not everyone would have access to this medication.

I would continue using this product since it have been very effective on me. Just to inform you guys, I also use other products like masks and other creams, but I use Eskinol most of the time.

19 comments:

  1. Hey. :) is it normal if there are pimple outbursts? I tried doing this for a week. I thought it was okay because Im now having my period, but the pimples continue to pop out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I'm not too sure if this product would cause any pimple outbursts because it has never happened to me before. If this continues, I think its best to stop using this product because it might not be suitable for you.

      Delete
  2. Hi... may I know where can buy it?? N how much is it?? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello :) Sorry for the late reply. I got them from my father's pharmacy in Malaysia! They come in different sizes and they are not expensive!

      Delete
    2. Hi! Where's your dad's pharmacy? I heard a lot about this brand, I was searching for it for some time now. Hope you could tell me.

      Delete
  3. Hi i would like to buy this product too.Do you know where i can buy it in australia(south australia).Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I am so sorry for the late reply! I've never seen this product in Australia :( I am so sorry!

      Delete
  4. My dad's pharmacy is in Malaysia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May i know where is your dad's pharmacy in malaysia? i interested to try the product. thanks.

      Delete
    2. Hello Shirley!
      I'm so sorry for the late reply. My dad sold his business. But ask different pharmacies!

      Delete
  5. I'm looking for it too. is it in West malaysia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Yes, you can try asking your local pharmacies! :)

      Delete
  6. Hello,Angie,May i know where is location your father pharmacy?i'm also from malaysia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, my father sold his business! But do try asking different pharmacies!

      Delete
  7. Hello, Where can i get a dalacin c without presrciption?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! It really depends on which country your from and their rules and regulations! :)

      Delete
  8. Hye,u can buy eskinol from me..can contact me at WA or Telegram +6013-8440073..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hye,u can buy eskinol from me..can contact me at WA or Telegram +6013-8440073..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wash my face before using that product, is it okay to use any kind of soap? Thanks

    ReplyDelete